The source for this red dress I’m obsessing over is an 1883 day dress from page 150 of my old Harper’s Bazar book, which is well-worn, loved, and probably held together with post-its. Once I found the silk that could do artistic pleating, (by using the brocade’s design and not just “straight” pleating) I was determined. We were able to draft a pattern from several original pattern sheets, with Adam using the dining room table and me using my cutting table in the studio…but we did it. The bodice’s pattern hasn’t been scaled to my size yet, but that’s never scared me. The skirt should be finished by tonight, and tomorrow morning I can start drafting that bodice. Deadline looming, four more days!