Frilly as a flower parasol to contrast with the tailored 90s skirt…now to finish the bodice!
Hat restoration and parasol recoveries finished…sometimes I find the accessories take longer than the suit and underpinnings!
The late 1890s isn’t really a time period that embraces my love of pleating, but I found some ways to sneak some in!
Adding a pinked fluting to the parasol’s edge so the lace canopy will “float”. These take time, but the results are worth it.
Pretty ladies stretching their bias for 24 hours before they are hemmed and finished. I prefer a tighter “drum”…it has to be just tight enough, but not too tight to stress the sticks. Now I can finally take a break!